Friday, January 15, 2010

New Zealand... Can I please be adopted into a Maori Family?



In November, Loran and I took off on a two week adventure. It started with a day in Sydney followed by 4 days in NZ (not nearly enough time). I will someday go back. Here are the highlights:
Blackwater rafting - Yes it's true. Underground rafting through caves with headlamps and wetsuits on. I don't jump off things, but I managed to jump off a waterfall backwards. Fetch, if the really tall german guy with a really little wetsuit on can do it, I can too. If you are ever in this neck of the woods check it out. www.waitomo.com.
Maori Hangi Dinner - A hangi dinner is cooked underground. It was good... I liked the lamb. However, I really dislike being the youngest people there and the whack job next to me was a serious ME MONSTER. Oh well, what do you do. I wanted to push her in the river but I didn't. :)
Ass Tattoos - Pardon the french. At the aforementioned dinner, there was a Maori show. The chief of that village had ass tattoos. I'm not lying. I couldn't take my eyes off them. I think I will try to attach a picture!
Driving - This was our first adventure driving on the other side of the road... not to mention the other side of the car. I pushed on that imaginary brake so hard a few times. It was scary at first, but you got used to it. The plus in driving was that we got to see a seriously beautiful country. There was one time we were driving through a canyon and we had to stop and take pictures... The site we stopped at was an abandoned gold mine that has now been overrun with greenery. Now the area is full of hikes! Oh how I wanted to hike them. Someday...

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I was thinking about getting one because it is truly beautiful. Then I realized that to pull it off you had to have the beautiful ass to go with it. I wonder what kind of magic they could do with a lumpy bumpy ass -- with a lot of room for creative expression?

    ReplyDelete